Friday, February 15, 2013

A light hearted day in the life of a receptionist

I usually start my day by waking up the delivery driver who is enjoying his morning snooze in his van when i arrive. The noise of the shutter going up usually gives him a fright and this cheers me right up (sick, I know!).
I then spend my morning filling out at least 300 forms for new clients, vaccination records, 4 weeks free insurance, healthy start, health care plans etc. in between answering the phone and getting prescriptions for clients.

After morning consults I start to clean, by that I mean, searching the place to try and find where the smell of dog pee is coming from (usually the other side of the desk which clients conveniently forget to own up to!).

Afternoon is spent much the same as the morning and even more forms to be filled out because the pre filled ones from this morning are no use as the client has decided they don't actually want the package previously discussed but instead want the health care plan form filled out!

If I'm on a late shift I also have the added bonus of cashing up which means I get to count all the money (wishing it was mine), only to find there is £200 more/ less than what there should be?!
Then I go home and wonder why i didn't get any of my things done that were on my to-do list from a week ago! Ha Ha!


                                

1 comment:

  1. Best grain free cat food recipe features the right balance of protein & fat with real deboned chicken as the first ingredient. This delicious recipe is formulated with a balanced blend of Omega Fatty Acids, vitamins & minerals to provide the energy your cat needs to thrive.

    ReplyDelete